On 2nd July 1951, 150 residents of the Grange Estate held a meeting at the Norton Secondary Modern School and formed the first committee under the chairmanship of Will Farrier. The residents raised funds from the fellowship’s weekly football competitions and on 27th February 1964 they managed to close a tender of £33,441. Letchworth Urban District Council accepted the tender and A.G. Baxter (Stotfold) Limited's proposal to build the community centre at the centre of the Grange Estate. The community centre project was completed on 31st October 1965 and formally opened by Mrs Shirley Williams MP.
The centre which then comprised a hall and stage, health clinic welfare and rent office has now expanded to include an entertainment venue, lounge bar and pre-school. The centre is a hub of the resident social and sports clubs and continues to be run by a voluntary management committee made up of local residents who give their free time to oversee the management of the centre. We are a non-profit organisation and the money earned by the social clubs is used for the activities and benefits of the centre, including activities outside of the association.